Originally starting her channel in 2016, Lauren’s Beauty has built an audience of over 14,000 subscribers along with a popular instagram @laurenpaigepictures. Have you ever wondered how she did it? Well, you are in luck! For today’s post I (Libby) sat down (also known as dm’ed) and talked to Lauren about all sorts of subjects including youtube, instagram and photography. Let’s get started!
What advice would you give to aspiring youtubers?
1. If you are an aspiring youtuber, the main piece of advice I’d give is to be yourself! As a youtuber, being able to express yourself for who you are and gaining a following for it is such an amazing feeling! Dedication and motivation is also a huge factor when starting a YouTube channel.
What is your youtube planning process like?
2. My planning process is pretty simple actually. Throughout the week I will come up with video ideas and write them down in my journal.
How do you shoot your instagram photos?
3. My mom is actually my “photographer” for my Instagram photos! It wasn’t easy to teach her how to use my camera, but after many tries she finally learned! We use my Canon Rebel t5i for the majority of the photos.
What inspired you to start a youtube channel?
4. I have used to be a huge fan of watching other youtubers such as Alisha Marie MyLifeasEva, so they were definitely my inspiration to start my own channel.
What is your most embarrassing photoshoot moment?
5. The most embarrassing thing that has happened to me during a photo shoot was when I was shooting at a local school and the security guard came over and told us that we couldn’t take photos on school property! It was embarrassing and also a little scary since I thought he was a cop at first. 😂
When did you start your youtube channel and why?
6. I started my YouTube channel back in 2016. I have always been fascinated with the personality and dedication that goes into a YouTube channel and I was confident enough to start one of my own!
Have you ever met a fan in public? If so what was it like?
7. I have never met a fan in public, but it would be a dream to meet one someday!
What is your favorite clothing store?
8. My all time favorite clothing stores would have to be Brandy Melville, Urban Outfitters, and Zara! They have adorable, nice quality clothes for affordable prices.
What is your favorite part of being a youtuber?
9. My favorite part of being a youtuber is being able to create content that shows who I am as a person. Sometimes it’s hard to express yourself in real life, but when you’re behind a camera it’s so easy to let loose, be yourself and have fun!
What are some of your favorite youtubers?
10. My current favorite youtubers are Shane Dawson, Jeffree Star, Emma Marie, and Marla Catherine! They all create different types of content but I really enjoy their videos and personalities.
What are some of your youtube goals and plans?
11. The two biggest goals I have as a YouTuber is to reach 20,000 subscribers by the end of 2019 and to collaborate with a popular/well known brand!
Favorite TV show, book or movie?
12. My favorite TV show is definitely Friends. I’ve watched all 10 seasons five times! My favorite book is The Kite Runner, and my favorite movie is The Breakfast Club (a classic)!
Where do you get your photo inspiration?
13. I usually don’t get any photo inspiration from certain people, but I do tend to take some fashion inspiration from past trends during the 70s-90s. I’ve always been into vintage and retro fashion!
Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
14. In 5 years, I hope to see myself in a college that focuses on fashion design merchandising. My dream is to work within a huge fashion company such as Vogue or Ralph Lauren, and maybe even create my own brand someday!
Thanks for reading everyone! Make sure to subscribe to Lauren and follow her on instagram here.