Hello friends! If you are new, my name is Libby and I am the owner of LibbyLongstocking. Here I talk about traveling, books and lifestyle. If you enjoy this post you should totally subscribe to my mailing list to stay updated on all my future content. And if you are returning, welcome back! So glad to have you. Today I am bringing back a series on this blog that I started quite a while ago. I basically some book club questions and activities so you and your bookish friends can have some fun talking about your new favorite book. This is actually my most popular series, and a lot of you really liked it. So for today I chose the very popular book, To All The Boys I Loved Before. I just recently read it, (I know, shocker!) and I binge – read all three in the trio. Something about them is just so light hearted and charming that they instantly became one of my new favorite trios. Because of all this, here are some questions and activities that you and your bookish squad can enjoy while discussing To All The Boys I Loved Before.
Step 1: Discuss!
As a reader myself, they best feeling is being able to talk to fellow book lovers about your current read. Here are some questions/discussing topics that you all can discuss while raving about To All The Boys I Loved Before.
- Why do you think that Lara Jean is so introverted? Does it have to do with losing her mother?
- Margot is obviously very skeptical about Lara Jean and Kitty’s relationships. Why do you think this is? Would you be skeptical if you were in Margot’s shoes?
- At the beginning of the book Margot ends her relationship with Josh because she is headed to college in Scotland. Before her mother died she told Margot to not have a relationship when going into college, she thought it would create too much stress. Do you think that Margot would stay with Josh is her mother was still alive?
- In the book Lara Jean loves to bake, it is like a stress reliever for her. What do you do when you are stressed? Do you have a certain stress relieving activity?
- What do you think motivates Margot to be so protective of her younger sister Kitty?
- What reason does Peter end up falling for Lara Jean? Do you think he misses Genevieve? Why or why not?
- What was your favorite part in the book? How could you relate to this part?
- What character are you most like? How can you relate to them?
- What was the most shocking part of the book? Did you see it coming?
- If you could write another chapter of the book, what would you include in it? Why?
- Who were your favorite second hand character? Why?
- What topics does this book make you want to learn more about? Why?
- If you could meet any character from this book, who would you pick and why?
- Why do you think Margot is skeptical of Lara Jean and Peter’s relationship?
- Do you think that Peter is happier with Lara Jean than he was with Gen?
- If Gen wanted Peter back, do you think he would leave Lara Jean?
- If you could add another character, what would he/she be like?
- If you could remove character, who would it be and why?
- What are Lara Jean’s most admirable traits? What are her least admirable traits?
What is reading without a little fun? Here are some activities for you and your #booksquad to enjoy while discussing To All The Boys I Loved Before.
Make a DIY hatbox!
In the book Lara Jean has a teal hatbox that she keeps her most secret possessions. Here is a fun DIY that you can follow to make your own hatbox!
Lara Jean loves to bake! A fun activity for you and your club would be to bake some of your own treats! Here is my go to brownie recipe! It is to DIE for!
Guess that character!
Fill a bag with different things certain literary characters say/do and pass around the room. The person now has to guess which character is most likely to do/say that thing.
Watch the movie!
Personally, one of my all time favorite parts of reading is being able to watch the film afterwards! Netflix recently came out with a film for TATBILB and it is so good! Pop some popcorn, get comfortable and compare the movie to the book with your club!
Discuss the movie
Did the characters appear as you expected them to? How was the movie different than the book? What would you change? Discuss!
Redesign a new cover!
Get a few pieces of paper, some crayons and draw a new book cover for TATBILB! Compare all of the designs at the end and vote on your favorite.
FOLLOW BOONE: https://www.instagram.com/sirboonedockthelab/